Offshore wind foundation concept at a mass production level - In progress
The project is funded by:
The project aims to develop a new node for offshore wind foundations. Objectives are:
- New design for process and assembly of jacket foundations
- Cost-efficient welding of nodes
- Mass-production process of nodes
- Demonstration and test of corrosion, load and fatigue of nodes.
The development of the proposed jacket foundation node is divided into four main work packages:
- Design: Optimize the node design for manufacturing.
- Welding: Develop the laser-hybrid as the cutting edge technology to be implemented in a node production line. Demonstrate corrosion protection, productivity, quality and benchmark costs.
- Manufacturing: Develop an automated production line concept where a node can be produced in Europe at a cost competitive level with production outside Europe.
- Test: Have a full-scale version of a representative node manufactured and fatigue tested at LORC new foundation test center to demonstrate the feasibility of isolating all complexity in the node with standard pipes in between.
EUDP is funding the activities. The results of the design, welding, manufacturing and demonstration activities will be commercialized immediately after project finalization.
Siemens Wind Power A/S
Bladt Industries A/S