Wadden Sea Offshore Supplier Network - Completed
The project, Wadden Sea Offshore Supplier Network, aims to create a supplier network around the port of Rømø. The focus of the supplier network is to deliver services to offshore wind farm operators and companies that are installing offshore wind farms in the Wadden Sea.
There are many opportunities in supplying offshore clients with services during the installation and maintenance of ongoing and future offshore wind farms. The project aims at organizing current and new suppliers into the offshore wind farm sector by collaborating formally and informally.
- Establishing interest and support among the companies, the regional news media and the local population in the southern part of Denmark.
- Establishing a supplier network with local and regional businesses.
- Draw attention to the network among the offshore wind farm clients at the Butendiek wind farm project and future projects.
- Hiring a permanent coordinator for the network. The coordinator’s job is to match the offshore wind farm clients’ needs with the businesses in the supplier network.
- An information meeting was held to introduce the new possibility for the regional businesses and population (May 14. 2014). More than 45 people from regional businesses participated.
- A second meeting was held with further information regarding the network. The network’s regulations were discussed. More than 65 people from regional businesses participated (June 4. 2014).
- A meeting with offshore wind farm operator, German WPD, and Siemens Wind Power was held to let the regional businesses know about the requirements and possibilities around offshore activities at the port of Rømø.
- The Wadden Sea Offshore Supplier Network was established June 30. 2014 with a five-member large board of directors.
- The Wadden Sea Offshore Supplier Network concludes 27 businesses by the end of July 2015.
Find more information at www.wso.dk and contact the chairman of the board, Henning Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org and +45 2533 1841.