DACCO - Completed
Offshore Center Angola will be the Danish entrance for knowledge and innovation activities towards the Angolan offshore industry. The newly established center will be a business cluster of over potentially +30 Danish companies within the oil and gas industry in Angola.
For Angola to advance this agenda, knowledge sharing amongst local SMEs and international competences, and building capacity is considered a must. Some basic elements must be present in the Angolan SME supply chain, for the international oil companies to even consider Angolan SMEs for their supplies, to a greater extent than legally obliged. These elements are internationally compliant standards of Health, Safety, Environment, Quality (HSEQ) as well as Training and Education. These focused elements as well as and a world-class maritime sector, are areas where Danish companies and universities are recognized leaders on a global scale. Knowledge transfer and cooperation between Danish and Angolan companies and universities within these areas will be made a key focus.
This project also builds the bridge to cluster Offshore Center Angola with with a relevant key university in Denmark involved as a partner. Local Angolan university partner will be Universidade Agostinho Neto and Instituto Nacional de Petróleos (INP) for stimulating the interaction between university and companies working with innovation. Partnerships with such will be of interest for the Danish oil & gas sector penetrating the Brazilian market.
1) Specialized cluster meetings and know-how sharing
2) Offshore workshop for Offshore conference Angola (business)
3) Targeted small scale workshops on research and development (Denmark)
4) B2B conference (business and universities)
5) Pre-projects on Angolan offshore collaboration
6) Fieldtrips for Angolan offshore activities
A formal memorandum of understanding (MOU) will be agreed and signed between the two organizations during a visit made to Angola in August 2013.
Project start, project manager start up planning and contact with Offshore Center Angola.
Kickoff project meeting with Offshore Center Angola in Luanda.
Establish general folder of Information and Marketing strategy on “Why Danish Offshore Technology in Angola?”. Folder to be ready by mid-November in time for Cluster meetings.
Plans for Commercial, Development & Research B2B networking conference OGIB March - August in Luanda
Marketing of networking event amongst Danish and Angolan offshore companies.
Plans for Field trip in January.
Field trip Angola + research network meeting
Internal Cluster Meetings with Offshore Center Angola, Angolan Ministry of Science & Education, National oil company Sonangol, selected Angolan educational institutions and companies.
March - November 2013
One Danish-Angolan B2B networking event – kick-off event on Danish/Angolan offshore commercial and R&D Network, with official invitations to a broad array of stakeholders across the private and public spheres across the pan African region.
Follow-up of meetings and gathering of feedback from stakeholders for strategic planning and improvement.
Project ends, with formalization of memorandum-of-understanding (MOUs) between Offshoreenergy.dk, Offshore Center Angola, the Danish Ministry of Research, Innovation & Education, Angolan Ministry of Research & Development within select areas (to be established by relevant stakeholders during the course of this project).
A platform for Danish companies to do business in Angola has been established. Also, several matchmaking activities have been performed during the project.
For 2013 the main activities are given below:
• 2013 OGIB 2013 were held in Esbjerg, Denmark May 15th - 16th 2013. A delegations from Angola participated in the event
• A B2B event – OGIB Angola – were held in Luanda November 7th 2013, with a total of close to 200 meetings between Angolan and Danish companies.
• Memorandum of Understanding signed in Luanda May 2nd 2013
• In 2013 Offshore Center Angola (OCA) has been established with a physical representation in Luanda for Danish companies to use as platform, from where they can establish their activities in Angola. Falck Safety Services are currently using the facilities in OCA.
Main activities in 2014
• In May 2014 Offshore Center Angola opened the facilities for business and Falck Safety Services are currently using the facilities in Offshore Center Angola.
• OGIB 2014 held in Esbjerg, Denmark In June 2014. A delegations from Angola participated in the event.
• An Angolan delegation visited a number of Danish companies in Denmark in June 2014.
A close cooperation between Offshore Center Angola and Offshoreenergy.dk has been established through the Memorandum Of Understanding signed by both parties. This forms the basis for continues cooperation on specific projects and network, relevant to the profile of Offshoreenergy.dk and its members. This means, that Offshoreenergy.dk and Offshore Cebter Angola will, in close cooperation and on a continues basis, discus, mature and develop relevant projects in the interest of the respective organizations members.
Offshore Center Angola - The office