Micro-enterprises in the Offshore Sector II - Completed
The following success criteria have been established:
During the project process, 25 micro-enterprises in Esbjerg Municipality and 25 potential entrepreneurs in the educational environments of Esbjerg Municipality are contacted. Furthermore, the project will contact 25 micro-enterprises in Denmark through networks, innovation environments and business development offices outside Esbjerg Municipality. The offshore industry needs all entrepreneurs and experience shows that the micro-enterprises businesses with the offshore industry quite often result in domicile in Esbjerg Municipality.
The main objective of the project is to help 25 of these 75 selected micro-enterprises to connect with and to achieve a subsequent commercial standpoint in Esbjerg's offshore industry.
Establishment of ”Netværk for Offshore Mikrovirksomheder” (Network for Offshore Micro-enterprises) will be a separate and forward-looking activity in relation to the above mentioned initiative.
Previously, specific focus has been on entrepreneurship in Esbjerg Municipality within the offshore industry.
Previous entrepreneurial projects have in many cases focused on entrepreneurs in general. Offshore Center Denmark and Business Academy SouthWest have clear and substantiated expectations that the project's specific focus on micro-enterprises within the offshore energy sector could promote growth and development in the sector and in Esbjerg Municipality.
The project is implemented over 2 years:
August 2013 – July 2015
Milestones of the project:
1 August 2013 - December 2014:
· Establishment of project management and project secretariat
· Overall project planning
· Establishment of project website
· Preparation of project pamphlet
· Definition of 25 micro-enterprises in Esbjerg Municipality
· Definition of 25 potential entrepreneurs in the educational environments of Esbjerg Municipality
2 November 2013:
· Public ”Kick-off startmøde for interesserede offshore mikrovirksomheder” (“Kick-off Start-up Meeting for interested Offshore Micro-enterprises”)
3 January 2014 - June 2014
· 4 open ”Seminars/workshops for innovation environments and business development offices” held at selected locations in Denmark
· Definition of 25 micro-enterprises in Denmark
4 January 2014 - June 2014:
· Holding of 4 ”Offshore Micro-enterprises courses” with presentation of the offshore sector and tools for entering the offshore market
5 January 2014 - June 2014
· Selection of specially interested micro-enterprises
· Holding of 4 ”Springboard for offshore micro-enterprises” meetings for selected companies
6 June 2014 - November 2014
· Public Kick-off start-up meeting/workshop for ”Netværk for Offshore Mikrovirksomheder” (“Network for Offshore Micro-enterprises”)
· Establishment of 2 ”Netværk for Offshore Mikrovirksomheder” (“Network for Offshore Micro-enterprises”)
7 December 2014 - July 2015
· Preparation of ”Handbook for Offshore Micro-enterprises”
· Final public Micro-enterprise conference
· Definition of possibly follow-up development project: ”Mikrovirksomheders konsolidering i offshore sektoren” (“Micro-enterprises’ consolidation in the offshore sector)