Offshore Wind Denmark - Completed
The national offshore wind cluster initiative
Offshore Wind Denmark is a joint initiative between the Danish Wind Industry Association and Offshoreenergy.dk funded by Growth Forum of Southern Denmark.
The objective of Offshore Wind Denmark is to:
- ensure a strong Danish brand to strengthen export of the Danish offshore wind competences
- show the Danish competences and capabilities within the complete value chain
- ensure that Danish companies will remain competitive in the global competition.
The project is set to run for 4 years creating and facilitating a strong foundation for a viable and competitive cluster – also after the termination of the project.
United and stronger
The many Danish players will stand stronger when united and Offshore Wind Denmark will create the framework for a national network and a strong Danish brand.
To ensure that Offshore Wind Denmark is in line with the Danish offshore wind industry’s needs, reference groups with representatives from a wide range of players in the Danish offshore wind industry will follow and support the project.
Development of cluster competitiveness
Offshore Wind Denmark helps improving the competitiveness of the offshore wind sector, creating awareness of each participating company’s position in the value chain and ensuring the right setup for the future through:
- Mapping of competences in the Danish offshore wind sector
- Matchmaking & clustering within the sector
- Facilitating professional business executive networks – OWD-net
- Facilitating innovation projects and opportunities within the cluster and networks
- Company specialist advisory and business development
Research & development
Another objective is to unite and include the many local or regional initiatives into the activities of Offshore Wind Denmark to ensure the necessary alignment of the offshore wind sector.
The initiative also includes cooperation with two universities carrying out analyses of the value chain and business models to create innovation, entrepreneurship and growth.
Concept development of new products and services
For all main phases in an offshore wind project, i.e. planning, erection, commissioning, service and maintenance, a competitive edge through joint development of more efficient methods of production, better logistic concepts etc. can be gained.
Offshore Wind Denmark helps identifying innovation projects which in terms of the cluster and network constellation will create a competitive advantage for the participating companies.
Joint sales and marketing activities
Offshore Wind Denmark also includes sales and marketing related activities such as:
● organising export drives
● facilitating conferences, networking events and seminars
● participating in and/or arranging international exhibitions
● facilitating incoming visits
● undertaking other sales supporting activities.
Overall goals of the project
- ncreased competitiveness of the Danish offshore wind industry
- create innovation, entrepreneurship and growth within the Danish offshore wind industry
- a strong Danish brand for the offshore wind industry.
Are you ready to meet the demands?
The scope of Offshore Wind Denmark is very much based on – and depending on – the active participation of the companies within the Danish offshore wind sector.
If you are interested in participating in Offshore Wind Denmark activitities please keep an eye on www.windpower.org or www.offshoreenergy.dk or contact us directly.
Offshore Wind Denmark – supporting the Danish offshore wind cluster
- One point of contact for the Danish offshore wind cluster
- International branding of the Danish offshore wind cluster
- Analyses of the value chain and business models
- Mapping of competences and matchmaking
- Concept and business development
- Development of cluster competitiveness
- OWD-net: Theme-based network groups
- Joint sales and marketing activities.
Hans A Pedersen
Head of Renewables
Tel.: +45 23 49 45 41
Cost Reduction Project Description
Denmark - your link to offshore wind
Offshore Wind Denmark Supporting the Danish offshore wind cluster
Offshore wind Denmark Supporting the Danish offshore wind cluster
3rd meeting in the Cost Reduction Forum (8th of October)
Place: Kolding/Fredericia/Vejle area
Offshore Wind Denmark
Download the report (in Danish, 2017)